Old 01-09-2003, 01:02 PM
David J Bockman

Default Have eroding hillside - requesting suggestions

Whichever plant you choose, I would suggest laying down an erosion control
blanket first, then planting through the blanket. Curlex is one brand name
that woks well, as well as various other jutte fiber types of blankets. This
will stabilize the soil while the plants root in.
Dave

"joe user" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a hillside lot in a semi-rural setting (SW Ohio area) that is
eroding rather rapidly. Does anyone have a suggestion of a
low-maintenance plant that would slow or stop erosion while being
resistant to pollution from the adjacent highway?
Low-maintenance 'cuz I don't live there and can't drive 50 miles every
week to mow & etc.