Old 01-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Tom Randy

Default Fluorescent lighting

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 01:46:09 -0400, gardenjan wrote:

My Cattleya (mini), and Phalaenopsis do not get enough light to flower.
They both grow new leaves and roots. I want to try fluorescent lighting.
Any suggestions on types of fluorescent light bulbs, wattage, and hours a
day needed for encouraging flowering. All replies appreciated. Thanks.

All you need is regular tubes, the so called "special" tubes are not
needed. I'll let more experienced Orchid folks answer the rest since I'm
kind of a newbie.Started growing them last November. They are still alive!

Tom