Old 01-09-2003, 01:12 PM
LeighMo

Default Nymphaea Lotus

Leigh, I'd be much obliged if you could post the chemical analysis of the
Jobes spike;

The Jobes planted tank folk like are the ones for ferns and palms:

16-2-6

That is, 16% nitrogen, 2% phosphate, 6% potassium. The ferns and palms type
has less phosphate and more potassium than the normal houseplant Jobes.

However, many people have used the normal Jobes (13-4-5) with success
(including me). So I'm sure your local plant spikes would work. Just be
careful. Break the spike into thirds, and use only one piece at first. Bury
it deeply, and don't disturb that area of the gravel for awhile. I usually
notice nearly instant results when I give a piece of Jobe's to my Nymphaea.

Leigh