Old 01-09-2003, 05:22 PM
zxcvbob

Default baseball bat zuchinni

Pat Meadows wrote:

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 11:02:23 -0500, zxcvbob
wrote:

I never said what kind of pie it is, but family thinks it's apple. It
would have tasted a lot better with a little more sugar and if some of the
cinnamon was added to the filling. And the squash should have sat longer
in the sugar.

I think this would be a nicely different treatment for pumpkin, with more
spices and leave out the citric acid.

Very interesting. Why did you add the citric acid, anyway?
Maybe lemon juice might be nicer.

Pat

Because the "zukes" were not tart like pie apples, and I didn't have any
lemon juice. Also, I lied about the citric acid; actually I used malic
acid, the acid naturally found in apples. Someone trying to duplicate my
experiment would probably not be able to find malic acid so I changed it to
citric. (I probably should have said so in a footnote.) I'm not sure how
much lemon juice you would use, probably 1 or 2 Tbsp.

Best regards,
Bob