Old 01-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Saqib Ali

Default vinegar for whiteflies

I sprayed the tomatoes with a mixture of vinegar and water (20%
vinegar). And that got rid of the whiteflies in 1 single shot. A nice
lady at Home Depot recommended the use of vinegar to rid of
whiteflies. Seems like it works.

Now I will have to wait and see if it effects the fruits or the plants
in any way.

Saqib Ali
http://www.xml-dev.com

Salty Thumb wrote in message . ..
(Saqib Ali) wrote in
om:

i can drink vinegar but i don't think i ca drink ortho malatihion

i tried chasig away the whiteflies by spraying water, but they keep on
coming back.

is a yellow sticky paper trap going to help?

Thanks.
Saqib Ali
http://www.xml-dev.com

I've seen yellow sticky traps recommended for some insects, not sure if
whiteflies were included. Spraying vinegar, well that's not such a good
idea, unless you are ready to make a salad.

You might want to find out what is attracting the whiteflies and eliminate
that. (unless of course it's the tomatoes)

-- Salty