Old 01-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Tim Foecke

Default If you like cherry tomatoes...

Doin' them in Maryland this year in a raised bed. I have a single
plant with 9 stems, each at least 6 feet long, that I've individually
staked. Producing like mad. I personally hate raw tomatos but SWMBO
and the kids love them.

I've grown Sun Gold Tomatoes for the past 6 years here in southern NH, and I
can't say enough good things about them.

For those who don't know this variety, it's a cherry tomato with a bright
orange color and the most intense tomato taste ever. And best of all, it
grown like a weed. They are very vigorous and each cluster (for lack of a
better word) has about a dozen tomatoes on them. It peak season right now
and each day I go out I pick nearly 30-40 of them (and that's just from 2
plants). Of course all the rain and hot weather we've had has helped. I've
also planted then in containers and they seem to do almost as well except
the fruits are a bit smaller.

Just wanted to pass on my experience, and to plant a seed (no pun intended).
Because if your like me and already thinking about next years garden...

-Kevin

To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.