Old 01-09-2003, 04:03 AM
Toonartist

Default If you like cherry tomatoes...

I've grown Sun Gold Tomatoes for the past 6 years here in southern NH, and I
can't say enough good things about them.

For those who don't know this variety, it's a cherry tomato with a bright
orange color and the most intense tomato taste ever. And best of all, it
grown like a weed. They are very vigorous and each cluster (for lack of a
better word) has about a dozen tomatoes on them. It peak season right now
and each day I go out I pick nearly 30-40 of them (and that's just from 2
plants). Of course all the rain and hot weather we've had has helped. I've
also planted then in containers and they seem to do almost as well except
the fruits are a bit smaller.

Just wanted to pass on my experience, and to plant a seed (no pun intended).
Because if your like me and already thinking about next years garden...

-Kevin
--
Don't forget to check out my cartoon, Virtual Humor!
http://www.kevinduffy.net/vh.htm

Old 01-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Dianna Visek

I'm growing Sun Sugar this year and am really impressed with the
flavor. It's another orange cherry.

Regards, Dianna

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 22:57:22 -0400, "Toonartist"
wrote:

I've grown Sun Gold Tomatoes for the past 6 years here in southern NH, and I
can't say enough good things about them.

For those who don't know this variety, it's a cherry tomato with a bright
orange color and the most intense tomato taste ever. And best of all, it
grown like a weed. They are very vigorous and each cluster (for lack of a
better word) has about a dozen tomatoes on them. It peak season right now
and each day I go out I pick nearly 30-40 of them (and that's just from 2
plants). Of course all the rain and hot weather we've had has helped. I've
also planted then in containers and they seem to do almost as well except
the fruits are a bit smaller.

Just wanted to pass on my experience, and to plant a seed (no pun intended).
Because if your like me and already thinking about next years garden...

-Kevin

To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:22 PM
Tim Foecke

Doin' them in Maryland this year in a raised bed. I have a single
plant with 9 stems, each at least 6 feet long, that I've individually
staked. Producing like mad. I personally hate raw tomatos but SWMBO
and the kids love them.

Old 02-09-2003, 10:14 PM
Colin Malsingh

wrote:

I've grown Sun Gold Tomatoes for the past 6 years here in southern NH, and I
can't say enough good things about them.

Yes, I have grown Sungold here in the UK for several years. Whilst
other varieties have come and gone, Sungold is always reliable and
tastes fantastic.

In recent years, I have often lost tomatoes due to Blight. However,
even though many of my other tomatoes have been affected by blight
this year, the Sungolds have carried on producing.

Give 'em a go.

Colin
-----
(Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)