Old 01-09-2003, 10:42 PM
GD

Default what is this plant

It looks like arrow arum (Peltandra virginica), but may be a related
species. Good shallow water plant (U.S. native) that can tolerate a
lot of shade. It produces a spathe flower, similar to that of calla
lilies. The bulb like thingy is the fruit, which contains large seeds
and somewhat resembles a short ear of corn when peeled back (hence a
second common name, duck corn).

"claude rogers" wrote:

The guy I got it from called it a water calla lily,,,,I don't think
so,,,can't find it listed for sale anywhere....there are 2 links, one shows
the plant and the other show the bulb like thingy coming off of it....

http://home.fuse.net/ace883/plant1

http://home.fuse.net/ace883/plant

It kinda looks like arrowhead or wapotato or duck potato, what do ya guys
think...Claude