Old 01-09-2003, 06:32 PM
claude rogers

Default what is this plant

The guy I got it from called it a water calla lily,,,,I don't think
so,,,can't find it listed for sale anywhere....there are 2 links, one shows
the plant and the other show the bulb like thingy coming off of it....

http://home.fuse.net/ace883/plant1

http://home.fuse.net/ace883/plant

It kinda looks like arrowhead or wapotato or duck potato, what do ya guys
think...Claude

Old 01-09-2003, 07:42 PM
Charles

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:26:51 -0400, "claude rogers"
wrote:

The guy I got it from called it a water calla lily,,,,I don't think
so,,,can't find it listed for sale anywhere....there are 2 links, one shows
the plant and the other show the bulb like thingy coming off of it....

http://home.fuse.net/ace883/plant1

http://home.fuse.net/ace883/plant

It kinda looks like arrowhead or wapotato or duck potato, what do ya guys
think...Claude

I think you are right, and it definitely isn't a water calla. I had
those, got rid of them.

--

- Charles
-
Old 01-09-2003, 10:42 PM
GD

It looks like arrow arum (Peltandra virginica), but may be a related
species. Good shallow water plant (U.S. native) that can tolerate a
lot of shade. It produces a spathe flower, similar to that of calla
lilies. The bulb like thingy is the fruit, which contains large seeds
and somewhat resembles a short ear of corn when peeled back (hence a
second common name, duck corn).

Old 01-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Looks like what we call arrowhead around here.

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley

Old 03-09-2003, 05:42 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Looks to me like it could be arrowhead, taro, or a caladium, did it produce
any sort of flowers, if so, describe. ~ jan

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:26:51 -0400, "claude rogers" wrote:

The guy I got it from called it a water calla lily,,,,I don't think
so,,,can't find it listed for sale anywhere....there are 2 links, one shows
the plant and the other show the bulb like thingy coming off of it....

http://home.fuse.net/ace883/plant1

http://home.fuse.net/ace883/plant

It kinda looks like arrowhead or wapotato or duck potato, what do ya guys
think...Claude

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 03-09-2003, 01:02 PM
claude rogers

No flowers at all, just this bud thing, I opened one up and it was full of
green berry like things, GD, a previous poster said it could be arrow arum,
so I looked it up, and I believe that's what it is.......needed to know so I
could overwinter it.....according to the net it's hardy to zone 4 and I'm in
5 so I'll sink it with the rest....thanks for the replies.....Claude

s.com...

Old 04-09-2003, 01:02 AM
Jerrispond

Looks to me like it could be arrowhead, taro, or a caladium, did it produce
any sort of flowers, if so, describe.

I think it is a taro...the leaves are more broad than an arrohead. My elephant
ears ( a type of taro) bloomed last year, and the blooms look just like a
calla lily....white with a long yellow spath. Jerri