Old 02-09-2003, 12:02 AM
jpcosta

Default [IBC] Horse Chestnut

At my family house we have about 5 very big and old common chestnuts,
last year i collected about 20 chestnuts seedlings but i'm not father yet :P

Kitsune Miko wrote:
At 08:50 PM 8/27/2003 -0700, sam crowell wrote:

What is it about the Horse Chestnut and daughters? Mine was planted
(Horse
Chestnut that is :-)) the day my daughter was born.

Not just daughters either. I collected a horse chestnut the weekend
before
our first son, Kenneth was born. It was just barely sprouting when I
found
it. If my son ever develops an interest in bonsai, I think it will be
neat
for him to have a tree that matches his age.

My story is an oak (quercus lobata) that I planted from an acorn when my
son was born. I was trying to do bonsai by braille. I lost quite a few
seedlings and finally his father took one from me and plated it in the
yard. It is now about 20" in diameter and 15' to 20' tall.

Kitsune Miko

++++Sponsored, in part, by Dale Cochoy++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++