Old 02-09-2003, 02:02 AM
LRobi31070

Default Clawfoot Bathtub Ponds

Just thought I would offer my experience with the clawleg bathtub pond. A lady
who sells pets had 3 in her yard. THey were dirty and mossy, but plants and
fish lived in them. they had no filtration. Anyway, i built my mom one
complete with waterfall, filter, pump, etc. After we used rubber boots to stop
the holes from leaking, the whole tub started rusting on the inside. The ph
went crazy and the fish lost their colors. The plants died and it was a
disaster. Needless to say, i dug it up and redid it. Just wanted to tell you ,
you might want to line the tub or do something diffrent than i did. Lou Ann