Old 02-09-2003, 08:02 AM
Karen Mullen

Default PH question

In article , "IAN GARDNER"
writes:

I recon it`s 7.4 as well. Maybe the high ph kit is more acurate at high
ph`s. Does the scale go down to 7.4 on the colour chart? or does it stop at
say 8.

Ian,

Both the freshwater and the high kits overlap, that's why I'm not sure. The
freshwater stops and 7.6 and the high starts at 7.2, so theoretically I should
get the same reading on both kits. I've also been told that because I use
baking soda to stablize the Ph, the Ph is most likely 8.4 as that's where
baking soda settles the Ph out at. But like I said, it's stable and steady no
matter what time of day I read it, it comes out the same. Mission
accomplished.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH