Old 02-09-2003, 02:12 PM
^*^ Vosklady ^*^

Default CO2 Injection

Many Thanks for the replies, they are appreciated.

I've been wondering about something regarding my powerhead, this may be a
silly question but I'll ask anyway . . .

You can see a picture of my powerhead at:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...=6&pCatId=4644

http://www.hagen.com/usa/aquatic/pro...00570002010 1

I've been using my powerhead to areate the tank. Looking at the above
picture(s) you can see how the airline connects to the output (exhaust). I
am able to control the amount of air injected from a large amount to a small
amount. In terms of CO2, could I just connect the tube from the CO2 bottle
I'd have to where the air intake tube is now connected? Would this work? I
have a feeling that "where" I'd actually connect my CO2 line is completely
different, but I just had to ask. If I am "way off base" as to how I'd
connect my powerhead please tell me, since this has been the crux of my
confusion regarding CO2 with a powerhead.

Also, the Output with air for my particular powerhead is: 1324 L / 350 U.S.
gal per hour. With CO2 connected would this be too much for my tank? Should
I get a smaller powerhead for CO2 and keep the one I have now aerating? OR
should I just use the powerhead I have now for CO2 and get a smaller
powerhead for aeration purposes? Is the idea of using dual powerheads
simultaneously (one for CO2 and one for aeration) even a good idea?

Many Thanks In Advance . . . it's appreciated.

~ Vosklady