Old 03-09-2003, 01:02 AM
RichToyBox

Default What do you feed?

Some of the veggies and fruits that I have heard about for koi, and I am
sure there are more.
Squash, sliced (they will eat the center out of it.
Cucumber, like squash
Watermelon, big chunk of seedless, they will eat it right down to the rind.
Oranges, quartered, they will eat it out to the rind.
Grapefruit, like oranges.
Peas, frozen, defrost and throw in whole.
Spinach, fresh or frozen
Romaine Lettuce, none of that iceberg, whole or part head, or leaves.
Mango, whole
Carrots, shredded

After they have consumed down to the rind on many of the items, just remove
the rind. The vitamin C in the citrus fruits is very good for the immune
system. The beta carotene in the carrots is good for the color. The other
vitamins and minerals are beneficial. These foods do not have much in the
way of proteins, so I would use them as a snack or play toy, not their
entire diet. They need the prepared foods or some source of protein like
squid, shrimp, krill spirulina, earthworms, etc.
--
RichToyBox

"Smith" wrote in message
Wow, just been reading the posts. Peas?

Really? Can you?

I just give mine (goldfish) commercially bought food, as I figured it

would
be nutritionally balanced. But I like the idea of giving some variety.

What can I feed them?

Tracey