Old 02-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Smith

Default What do you feed?

Wow, just been reading the posts. Peas?

Really? Can you?

I just give mine (goldfish) commercially bought food, as I figured it would
be nutritionally balanced. But I like the idea of giving some variety.

What can I feed them?

Tracey

Old 02-09-2003, 03:32 PM
Sam Hopkins

I've read many places that you should feed your fish 6 different foods. I'm
sure there's no scientific proof behind this though. I feed my fish 3
different types of food at once. All commerical fish foods.

Sam

Old 03-09-2003, 01:02 AM
RichToyBox

Some of the veggies and fruits that I have heard about for koi, and I am
sure there are more.
Squash, sliced (they will eat the center out of it.
Cucumber, like squash
Watermelon, big chunk of seedless, they will eat it right down to the rind.
Oranges, quartered, they will eat it out to the rind.
Grapefruit, like oranges.
Peas, frozen, defrost and throw in whole.
Spinach, fresh or frozen
Romaine Lettuce, none of that iceberg, whole or part head, or leaves.
Mango, whole
Carrots, shredded

After they have consumed down to the rind on many of the items, just remove
the rind. The vitamin C in the citrus fruits is very good for the immune
system. The beta carotene in the carrots is good for the color. The other
vitamins and minerals are beneficial. These foods do not have much in the
way of proteins, so I would use them as a snack or play toy, not their
entire diet. They need the prepared foods or some source of protein like
squid, shrimp, krill spirulina, earthworms, etc.
--
RichToyBox

Old 03-09-2003, 01:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Supposedly the latest coming from the koi kichi group is to give more whole
foods over processed. Gee, isn't that what our doctors keep telling us to
eat? I feed oranges and peas, besides ShoKoi and Hifang (sic on that one).
I don't feed things that look like the plants they are suppose to leave
alone. ~ jan

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:29:30 +0100, "Smith" wrote:

Wow, just been reading the posts. Peas?

Really? Can you?

I just give mine (goldfish) commercially bought food, as I figured it would
be nutritionally balanced. But I like the idea of giving some variety.

What can I feed them?

Tracey

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 05-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Smith

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try some of these things and see how they
like them.

Let you know

Tracey