Old 03-09-2003, 06:12 PM
FarmerDill

Default Need tomato plants *now*

I'm in Miami. That should explain my request. :-) We're just getting ready to
plant our veggie gardens here. Do you know of any place that is still
shipping
tomato plants? I have given up on starting them from seed due to stray cats
in
back yard -- they think flats are special beds I make up for them, and they
like
to roll around on sprouting little plants (must be the scent.) If I get
plants,
and put a stake in next to them, I'll have a chance. The stores here carry
the
boring varieties, and I want some paste varieties, preferably with good
disease
resistance. I don't care what they cost mail order, it would be worth it.
TIA.

Anya {{{*_*}}}
http://member.newsguy.com/~herblady
Bob Marley and the Wailers album "Exodus"
named "Album of the Century" by Time magazine

I would expect that only plant companies that supply South Florida, South east
Texas, and Southern Cal, would have tomato plants available now. Contact the
Florida Department of Agriculture for leads. Piedmont plant company is in
Albany GA but I don't know that they supply the winter market. They are
mailorder but dont't have a web site. Bonnie Plant Farms is a wholesaler that
services the southeast and mid atlantic. They have growing locations in
Lakeside and Waverly Florida. so plants may be available from local dealers,