Old 04-09-2003, 02:42 AM
Nedra

Default Any going to Lilypons in Frederick MD

This Quarantining thing alone has kept me from buying
any more Koi. Last I bought was 4 years ago and I didn't do a thing but get
them used to the water in the bags. Fortunately mine spawned a couple of
years ago and I now have 4 of their kids - they are
beautiful! Total of 14 Koi... perfect for my 3,000
gallon pond.

Nedra

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 21:12:54 GMT, "FBCS" wrote:

he said they do quarantine the fish when they come in.
I didn't take a chance and quarantined these even though they
looked fine.

You did the right thing. )

Regardless if the store quarantines or not, the ponder still should do
their own and do a canary koi after a couple of weeks in the Q-tank with
the new fish. Any fish being transported is stressed, and therefore prone
to problems. Get them home, calm them down, get them use to your water
conditions and make sure they are eating well and looking good, put a

buddy
from your pond in with them. Make sure neither fish gets sick from that
relationship..... Time: 6 weeks, with water temps in the 70s during part

of
that time. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/