Old 04-09-2003, 04:02 AM
Gene

Default filter recommendations?

Ever thought about building a filter. You could make
a good size filter pretty cheap. Some people in this group
have plans for filters on thier webpages. I'm sure
they would be nice to post links to these filter plans.

old dirtbeard wrote:
I'm sure this gets tossed around every week, but in searching back
posts, I could not find much on specific recommendations.

I have a 750 gallon pond in Los Angeles, two 16" Koi, an 8" Comet and
some minnows.

It is an established pond (5 years or so) with very good vegetation.

I would like to get an external filter to replace my cheap immersed
filter. My current pump has a 350 gal/hr rating.

I have browsed the various sites, and there is a huge range/variety of
filters out there from which to choose. I would like your
recommendations, advice or experiences with different brands or models.

Currently I am looking at:

o Aquapur 18 @$199 (pressurized)

o Medium Fish Mate Bio Pond Filter @$120

o Laguna PowerFlo 4500 External Filter @$90

o Clear Stream 1200 @$120 (pressurized)

but would consider any other brands or models.

Any advice you could provide would be greatly appreciated. I will spend
more if the additional cost is warranted.

best,

doug