Old 04-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Looking for koi sitter in San Diego

If you only need a home for two koi, have you considered housing them in a
Q-tank environment while you get settled? That way you could take them with
you. You can put a Q-tank together rather quickly with block and a piece of
liner, or you could go the "deluxe" route and get a show tank (Pearls of
Paradise makes a nice one!). If you're taking the filter anyway, then you
could keep it alive and well along with your fish. You could set it up in a
corner of the yard while you get settled in and the pond built. These days,
with all the "creeping crud" out there, I'd hate to house them: you'd have
no way of knowing what they may have been exposed to. Besides, won't you
miss feeding time?

Lee

"Remove SPAMSUX to Reply" wrote in message
Hello-

We're moving out of our home in a few weeks, into a new house. We won't
have a pond at the new house for about 6 months, so we're looking for
someone who can house our (2) healthy koi until sometime in the spring.

One (a Kohaku?) is about 15" long, the other is a yellow koi (Kin

Matsuba?),
about 11" long. Both are very healthy, coming from a UV sterilized pond
after living there for 3 years and 1.5 years respectively.

I'd be happy to pitch in towards your favorite food (though with the cold
weather coming, they won't be eating much come winter).

Thanks,

-Mike

P.S. Remove SPAMSUX from my e-mail address when responding.