Old 03-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Remove SPAMSUX to Reply

Default Looking for koi sitter in San Diego

Hello-

We're moving out of our home in a few weeks, into a new house. We won't
have a pond at the new house for about 6 months, so we're looking for
someone who can house our (2) healthy koi until sometime in the spring.

One (a Kohaku?) is about 15" long, the other is a yellow koi (Kin Matsuba?),
about 11" long. Both are very healthy, coming from a UV sterilized pond
after living there for 3 years and 1.5 years respectively.

I'd be happy to pitch in towards your favorite food (though with the cold
weather coming, they won't be eating much come winter).

Thanks,

-Mike

P.S. Remove SPAMSUX from my e-mail address when responding.

Old 04-09-2003, 12:22 AM
Szpond

We're moving out of our home in a few weeks,

Mike,
Did you ask the new owners if you can leave them there until you dig your new
pond? I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Cathy
Old 04-09-2003, 07:03 AM
Remove SPAMSUX to Reply

In the home inspection report, they specifically asked that we remove the
fish (duh, I'm not giving my pets away with the house), AND drain the water
for the pond. They have a small child and probably want this for safety
reasons.

Since they don't want any water in the pond, I've decided to take the
Bioforce 2000UV that I put in last year. No reason to leave that burried in
the ground if there isn't anything to pump through it.

-Mike

Old 04-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Lee Brouillet

If you only need a home for two koi, have you considered housing them in a
Q-tank environment while you get settled? That way you could take them with
you. You can put a Q-tank together rather quickly with block and a piece of
liner, or you could go the "deluxe" route and get a show tank (Pearls of
Paradise makes a nice one!). If you're taking the filter anyway, then you
could keep it alive and well along with your fish. You could set it up in a
corner of the yard while you get settled in and the pond built. These days,
with all the "creeping crud" out there, I'd hate to house them: you'd have
no way of knowing what they may have been exposed to. Besides, won't you
miss feeding time?

Lee

Old 06-09-2003, 01:23 AM

with 2 koi I too vote for a 100-150 gallon stock tank with filter and netting to keep
em in until you got your pond ready. Ingrid

"Lee Brouillet" wrote:

If you only need a home for two koi, have you considered housing them in a
Q-tank environment while you get settled?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 06-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Mickey

I agree ask the new buyers if they even want the pond. Maybe offer to fill
it in and you take everything it would save a lot of money on buying various
stuff including motors.

"Lee Brouillet" wrote:

If you only need a home for two koi, have you considered housing them in

Q-tank environment while you get settled?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 15-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Remove SPAMSUX to Reply

I'd love to take them with us to the new house, but it isn't ready yet, and
we're moving into a rental for a month. With a 7 month old baby and all of
the other stuff we're dealing with, it's just not possible.

A neighbor with a small pond is going to babysit the koi after all. Also,
here's a (large) picture of it in case anyone wants to see it:

http://www.geocities.com/mcornwell/pond2003.jpg