Old 04-09-2003, 04:02 PM

Default Will pine investment be a bad risk now? (Was: New problems with GM corn?)

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 06:21:15 -0600, "Dean Ronn" @home wrote:

I would love to see where you read this. Volunteer RR Canola can be sprayed
out of other crops such as flax(MCPA Ester) wheat(2,4-D Ester), peas(MCPA
Amine),and Barley(a variety of phenoxys) quite easily, and in a majority of
these fields these sprays are used whether the volunteers are there or not.

But I thought that one of the aims of GM crops was to *reduce* the use
of herbicides and pesticides? Once you get triple-resistant canola (as
has already happened) then you have to use *more* and stronger
herbicides...

regards
Marcus