Old 04-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Seamus Ma' Cleriec

Default Need tomato plants *now*

Rasta Poodle wrote in message ...
I'm in Miami. That should explain my request. :-) We're just getting ready to
plant our veggie gardens here. Do you know of any place that is still shipping
tomato plants? I have given up on starting them from seed due to stray cats in
back yard -- they think flats are special beds I make up for them, and they like
to roll around on sprouting little plants (must be the scent.) If I get plants,
and put a stake in next to them, I'll have a chance. The stores here carry the
boring varieties, and I want some paste varieties, preferably with good disease
resistance. I don't care what they cost mail order, it would be worth it. TIA.

http://member.newsguy.com/~herblady
Bob Marley and the Wailers album "Exodus"
named "Album of the Century" by Time magazine

As to the cats - I put chicken wire over the flats to discourage the
rolling and digging (mine thought the flats to be litter trays). A few
toothpicks stuck end up would discourage any die-hard rollers.