Old 04-09-2003, 09:07 PM
Jim Seidman

Default Nymphaea Lotus

Dave Millman dav.e.at.tac.tics.co.m wrote in message 4...
I am still searching for a good substrate nitrate supplement though.

Is there a reason you feel strongly about keeping the nitrate in your
substrate rather than the water column?

In any case, potassium nitrate (KNO3) is available in granular form at
some garden stores. I understand that Ace Hardware sells it as "Green
Light Stump Remover." Many people use this to add nitrates to their
tank. Usually it's dissolved and added to the water. But I suppose you
could wrap the granules in a little ball of paper and place them in
the substrate.

- Jim