Old 04-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Anne Lurie

Default The August Garden

Fantastic shots -- everything looks so lush & green! (It seems to be
feast or famine here in North Carolina these days -- of course, all the
rain here doesn't do my front yard much good, as I swear there is not a
level spot anywhere on it!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Doris" wrote in message
This is a visual journal of my garden. Each month I add some of the
highlights. There are pics of Evelyn (2 shots! I just can't get enough
of Evelyn), Fair Bianca, Graham Thomas and the Penthouse in August.

http://home.ca.inter.net/~stevedor/EGarden4.html

And there's a shot near the bottom of the July page of the hideous
fluorescent worst/best orange rose, Summer Sunset.

I've been working on this garden since 1996. The conditions are ideal
for sun lovers and part shade lovers. The soil is decent, but the
property is a bit slanted so there are areas, like the wildflower slope,
that are quite dry, and lower corners that are almost always wet. The
roses are in a bed that's partly over what used to be the septic bed, so
it drains extremely efficiently ... too efficiently, it turns out, for
Evelyn. Fussy hussy. I put her in that area this spring, but I'll have
to move her to a slightly less well draining part of the bed. As with
real estate ... it's all about location, location, location!

Doris