Old 05-09-2003, 01:13 AM
RichToyBox

Default Leave and debris screen for pond

Yes. As soon as the pond reaches about 50 degrees, I would encourage the
use of the plastic to bring the temperature up to over 60 as fast as
possible. Then keep the cover on until the average temperature day/night is
above 60 before removing it. This will get you through what is referred to
as aeromonas alley. The opportunity for the fish to get to a temperature
where the immune system will start to strengthen before the fish have a
chance to get sick is very beneficial.
--
RichToyBox

"John Bachman" wrote in message
On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 22:14:43 GMT, "Anne Lurie"
wrote:

John, my teeny little preform doesn't really need a screen, but I think

your
prices are reasonable, based on the effort that they would save pond

owners!

I also like the photo of the woman lifting the thing up for cleaning. I
assume that the screen would stay in place during a heavy wind, although
people in the snow belt -- where I no longer live, thank you very

uch! --
might be concerned about the weight of the snow vs. wind, etc.

Well, I am one of those snow belt folks myself. I do not intend to
leave the screen up for the winter - just the fall leaf season. I am
thinking about a plastic cover for the spring - warm things up early.
Is that a good idea?