Old 05-09-2003, 01:13 AM
John Bachman

Default Leave and debris screen for pond

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 00:02:40 GMT, "RichToyBox"
wrote:

Yes. As soon as the pond reaches about 50 degrees, I would encourage the
use of the plastic to bring the temperature up to over 60 as fast as
possible. Then keep the cover on until the average temperature day/night is
above 60 before removing it. This will get you through what is referred to
as aeromonas alley. The opportunity for the fish to get to a temperature
where the immune system will start to strengthen before the fish have a
chance to get sick is very beneficial.

OK. I will work on a "greenhouse" cover for the leaf & debris frame.
Something to do this winter! Cool.

John