Old 05-09-2003, 06:27 AM
K30a

Default I've got the bug I suppose

Leeanne wrote I sorta like the snails,

I filled a jar with a layer of gravel, added pond water, some pond slime, lots
of anacharis and brought in some snails for the winter. They live on my kitchen
windowsill. I've done this for a couple of winters - my ponding fix in cold
weather.
I feed them frozen organic lettuce so they don't eat all the anacharis. They
lay eggs on the side of the jar and it is fun to watch the babies hatch.
Every once and a while they crawl out of the jar and fall off the side. If you
catch them soon enough you can return them to the jar.

Very few snails survive in the pond with koi. They live in the filter and on
the waterfall. The frog bog is full of snails (no fish) and so are my container
ponds.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html