Old 05-09-2003, 07:34 AM
Oz

Default Will pine investment be a bad risk now? (Was: New problems with GM corn?)

Mooshie peas writes

Which would these be? Are you referring to the Sooper Dooper
Frankenweeds that are glyphosate resistant wild mustard? Do what you
always had to do with wild mustard.

It's impossible to control in rape in the UK.
We would get a few seasons (of rape) control over it with RR-rape, which
with a four year rotation should get us to year 12 providing we kill
100% whilst its still susceptible.

Hedge mustard and ******* cabbage, I hate 'em.

It is no different to any other wild
mustard except that you can't use glyphosate on it.

It's basically not controllable in rape, and completely invisible in
wheat/barley since it is so easily controlled.

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be accepted.