Old 05-09-2003, 11:12 AM
John Bachman

Default Leave and debris screen for pond

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 00:48:51 GMT, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

I think you could drop the price by having folks go buy their own PVC or at
least give the option of buying the screening only? Btw, a black screen
would be easier to see through. ~ jan

Interesting points. I have implemented several features that make it
easy to install and disassemble. For instance, most of the tees and
crosses are bored out in one direction so that they slide on the PVC
pipe, no hardware or cement required. Also, the mesh is attached to
the frame using some special Velcro devices that work very well.

I thought that most pond owners would not want to get into cutting and
boring PVC but I suppose there are some who would. I will think about
offering a do-it-yourself plan. I could supply the design details and
the mesh with the Velcro attached. Then the user can decide whether
to bore out the fittings or cut and screw/cement.

If there is enough volume I could offer white or black mesh choice.
Right now I have a big roll of white.

Thanks for your feedback.

John
See www.anatekcorp.com/garden/pondscreen.htm to see what we are
talking about.

On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:41:04 -0400, John Bachman wrote:

Yikes! I seem to be in the pond screen business.

I searched around for a screen to put on my pond this fall but could
not find a suitable one. So I built one. Other people asked me to
make one for them so I did. I made design improvements as I went
along, making it easy to disassemble for storage, easy to clean, etc.

The next thing you know I am in business. The company I work for gave
me a corner of their www site to display the screen and even will
process the orders for me.

Take a look at my design at www.anatekcorp.com/garden/pondscreen.htm
and see what you think. I would be interested in your comments.

John

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~