Old 05-09-2003, 04:02 PM
John Burton

Default slime on my waterfall?

Does this mean my waterfall is working really REALLY well??

(I hadn't noticed these bubbles until Julie's post, but went out and looked
at mine and saw bubbles too!)

--
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=

john burton
Bach 50B3
Bass Trombone, Charleston NeoPhonic Orchestra
South Charleston, West Virginia

"Sam Hopkins" wrote in message
.. .
You know it's funny. I have a concrete tank outside my front door curing.

was looking at it the other day and noticed bubbles coming off of the

algae.
The only other time I've seen something like this is in my planted

aquarium
when the water became supersaturated with oxygen. This is a normal
occurrence in planted aquariums when the plants are producing so much

oxygen
that no more oxygen can be absorbed into the water. So what you see is
bubbles coming off of the plant leaves.

"juliepacker" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi everyone!

I just have a quick question. There is some green/black algae growing
on the surface of my water fall. Although I do not mind this, as it
makes the cheap plastic pre-formed thing look more natural, the slime
seems to be covered in air bubbles. Is this good, bad or indifferent?

Thanks Julie
--
juliepacker