Old 05-09-2003, 08:02 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Leave and debris screen for pond

John,

I think that's great! I am saving your website for future reference.
~ jan )

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:47:53 -0400, John Bachman wrote:

I took your advice and am now offering lower priced kits. The buyers
would get some of their own PVC materials. I supply the mesh net,
fittings and fasteners plus a build plan, of course.

The reasons a

Mesh net - I am buying rolls of 150 yards long by 12 feet wide. That
way, up to 10' wide frames have a single, solid piece - no joints and
no gaps. The only way to get this is direct from the factory.

Fittings (PVC angles, tees, etc) - some of these must be bored out and
drilled for easy disassembly and subsequent reassembly. I presume
that folks want to store it away when not in use, not just leave it
up. If you use PVC adhesive you are stuck with a bulky frame. Since
I am set up to do the boring and drilling, why not do that?

The fasteners are a special Velcro product that mounts nicely to the
mesh and then straps around the frame. This product (MVA #8 in Velcro
talk) is not available retail. So, I am buying from a Velcro
distributor. This is a real nice, clean fastening system.

Thanks for your input. Folks can buy the full system partially
assembled or a kit as described above. Cool.

John
See the pond leaf & debris screen at
www.anatekcorp.com/garden/pondscreen.htm

See my ponds and filter design: