Old 05-09-2003, 09:42 PM
Mickey

Default My First Pond Cleaning

I wouldn't clean everything at once especially something as small as 70
gallons. You might shock the pondlet system and have to cycle the system
again. I would vacuum the crud out of the bottom and the water used will
work as a water change. Usually a 20% water change is sufficient. Then next
week clean something else.
"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 21:36:54 -0500, jammer wrote:

I may throw out the small iris'. They have been nothing but a headache

and
dont want to grow .

You might want to wait till spring. Some iris don't do well after

dividing,
but come next spring they'll come up like gang busters.... that's assuming
it was divided this year. ~ jan )

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~