Old 05-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Liam

Default [IBC] Chinese Elm...

In article 006101c37285$24e1cae0$19112cc7@pavilion,
(Jim Lewis) wrote:

(They're also (MY opinion) quite often very dull trees -- and
yes, I have a few [including dull ones].)

Hmmm, yes. Especially the bog standard garden centre ones, where the
staff are not trained bonsai practitioners.

{NOTE: Reference the
elms-are-quite-tough-considering-they-come-from-the-orient
statement, the orient" happens to include some of the coldest
places on earth. That's not, however, (I hasten to add) where
the Chinese elms in question happen to come from -- through the
very-closely-related, Siberian elms are another matter.}

I stand corrected. I've never been to any of those eastern countries, so
my idea of what they're like, including the climate is entirely based on
TV pictures, tourist brochures and so on. I suppose that yes, there are a
lot of mountain ranges in the east, including (of course) the Himalayas!

Liam

CIAO.CO.UK
*Get paid to review nearly anything!
*Get paid £1 - £5 to take part in each survey (2 - 3 surveys per month).
*Win cash prizes for your reviews.

Sign up below:
http://www.uk.ciao.com/reg.php?FriendId=5327057