Old 06-09-2003, 12:02 AM
JNJ

Default Resmethrin fogger....

Well, I give -- we've eliminated all the standing water we can, and even any
damp areas on the property yet the skeeters keep coming. It's gotten so bad
that a trip from the car to the house (30 feet tops) results in 2 or more
bites. Let the dogs out and in, it's a guarantee 1 or 2 come and go with
'em. We're also lucky enough to have not only the dusk loving species but
also the ones that are out all day long.

The Mosquito Deleto in the back does a decent job of keeping them at bay
back there, but in the front we're getting crucified. So we've decided it's
time to use a pesticide and went with the Burgess propane fueled fogger and
resmethrin. From what I've read the only negative side effect of resmethrin
would be the elimination of bees -- not a problem since they're already gone
(I've seen 1 bumble all year).

Anyone know any other down sides?

James