Old 06-09-2003, 12:47 AM
Heidi

Default rununculus

Hi all!

First off, thanks for your advice on worms! I do have a compost bin,
and will continue to add food scraps. There may be worms in the bin I
don't know about. I have to admit I am not very good about turning the
compost. The materials sure do get heavy quickly! It's hard for me to
scoop up more than a few inches of material to turn. Next time around I
may invest in one of those compost barrels with a churn handle!

My next question is about ranunculus. Has anyone tried to grow them
here? Ranunculi are just about my favorite flower and I would love to
plant some bulbs. I have been deterred however, as I had heard from one
source that they would not grow well here. Some of the on-line
catalogues suggest that they may be hardy in our zone.

Anyone have any experience with ranunculus?

Thanks!
Heidi