Old 06-09-2003, 01:15 AM
Scott L. Hadley

Default Echinops (Globe Thistle)

Each of the prickly spines in the round seed globe is a seed, and for
me the globes just suddely fall apart early in the fall, dropping seed
where they may, as Bevan replied to you.

But my problem with any of this is that the offspring are always
larger, coarser, greener things, not nearly the metallic blue and
scale size of the parent. Apt to be weedy. In other words, at least
for me, they don't breed true, so I never let them self-sow any more.

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 01:16:04 +0100, "Mark B"
wrote:

Bevan

Bevan
Thanks for replying. One more thing, do the seeds look like just a husk with
no clearly defined seed?

mark b