Old 06-09-2003, 02:52 AM
Geoff Kegerreis

Default Three companies oppose Tongass logging??

Yep, Joe.

The politics and psychology these numbnuts use is amazing. The amount
of time they waste continues to
contribute to a decline of our capitilistic society. Well, nigga I
guess we best be gettin' back to woahk so
weez can make shore the mastes can waste some mo time makin' dem stories up!

**** em...

:-) Later,
Geoff

Joe Zorzin wrote:

POSTED IN alt.forestry
****************************
It's too bad that the battle always ends up sounding like "the forest rapers
vs. the forest protectors"- all because so many in the forestry/logging
world really are forest rapers.

What the enviros should be fighting for, in addition to locking up much old
growth and protecting other land which has special values- is much better
quality forestry.

That is- there are not 2 choices- there are 3 choices- land rapers,
protection (locking up) and GREAT forestry. Great forestry is great ecology
and good for recreation, aesthetics, economics and scientific value of
forests.

Unfortunately, I'd suggest, that 99% of all logging in North America has
been either mindless clearcutting or even more mindless high grading- and
it's all called FORESTRY- but it ain't forestry. The forestry establishment
are criminals in my opinion- they will surely burn in hell! G
--
Joe Zorzin

"Aozotorp" wrote in message

Building companies KB Home and Hayward Lumber, as well as office supply
chain Staples Inc. -- all major consumers of wood products -- have lined

up

with environmental groups trying to protect Alaska forests. The three
companies have sent letters to the U.S. Forest Service opposing a proposal

that

would exempt Alaska's Tongass and Chugach national forests from a

nationwide

prohibition against road building in national forests. Environmental
groups have targeted a number of companies that are major consumers or

wood

products as pressure points as they campaign for stronger forest

protections.

(08/26/03) Anchorage Daily News
http://www.adn.com/business/story/37...-3795179c.html
|| INFORAIN MAP: Timber Sales in Roadless Areas of the Tongass National
Forest
http://www.inforain.org/archive/tong...mber_sales.htm