Old 06-09-2003, 06:02 AM
J. Lane

Default creating a memorial garden

Have you any friends with some artistic ability? If so, try buying round
cement flagstones or get a large flat rock, and have your friend paint it
(them) with acrilic paints and seal with a spray sealer. I have a space in
one of my flower beds that can never grow anything due to the tree in it
sapping all over the soil. I went to the nearby river and grabbed a large
fairly flat rock and painted it with a picture of an Iris. It looks really
nice there and nobody notices there are no flowers growing in that spot.
A community garden project designed to help disabled people in my city learn
to grow their own food and preserve as well as cook their produce, bought
loads of round flagstones and had the volunteers write the name of a
sponsor or contributor as well as doing painting of their choice ( flowers,
a cottage, veggies, etc.) on each one. Now the project has a lasting
memorial of all the contributors in a walkway.
--
Jayel
"Jacqueline Davidson" wrote in message
Thanks, Bill, for the idea. We may try that when we have moved to Tn,
hopefully by next year.
Now we will probably get a marker that we can move along with us.
Jackie