Old 06-09-2003, 11:32 AM
John Bachman

Default Leave and debris screen for pond

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 00:21:32 GMT, wrote:

use shock cording on the PVC, the way they do with tent frames so it can be easily
folded up and put away in winter. Ingrid

That may be a good idea for larger units. The design I have works
well up to 10 feet wide and is easily disassembled for storage (takes
about 5 minutes to do).

However, I am getting requests for larger units and am concerned that
the design will not hold together good enough for them. The shock
cording idea may be suitable for that - it will put the cross elements
into more compression thereby gaining strength.

I will investigate further.

Sheesh, I just wanted a screen for my pond and now I am engineering
like crazy. Oh well, there are worse things to be doing. For
instance, today I must go cut brush at my mother-in-law's house.

John

Go to
www.anatekcorp.com/garden/pondscreen.htm to see what we are
talking about. I clever leaf and debris screen for ponds.

snipped all the older stuff