Old 06-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Shell91

Default Sarsasparilla Tree Question

We have a huge Chinese Tallow Tree in the back yard. Got to be about 150
feet tall. Leaves tons of tree trash, leaves and twigs and such all over
the yard, and has huge roots that we had to have removed from the yard.
Some of the roots were at least 2 feet in diameter. Hopefully the
Sassafrass trees won't get quite that big I might put one in the back
yard to replace a pecan tree that was electrocuted when some power lines
were downed n my back yard. Fast growing is a good thing

Shell

"Marley1372" wrote in message
sassafrass is a very fast growing tree that should do alright in zone 9.

They
have the potential to get pretty huge so you may want to place them a good
distance apart.

Toad