Old 06-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Shell91

Default Sarsasparilla Tree Question

Thanks for the tip. The spot I have in mind doesn't have anything valuable
close by. It's a good sized lawn with a holly hedge in front and what I
thought was a prycanthia hedge on one side (not sure what it is really)
Nobody parks on the street by the holly and we plan on moving the driveway
over several feet so everything sould work out well.

Shell

"J. Del Col" wrote in message
m...
(Marley1372) wrote in message

sassafrass is a very fast growing tree that should do alright in zone 9.

They
have the potential to get pretty huge so you may want to place them a

good
distance apart.

Toad

And you want to be sure they don't overhang anything valuable; sassafras
wood is very brittle, so they shed limbs quite easily in a storm.

J. Del Col