Old 06-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Roy

Default WOW!!!!

Forte Free Agent is just so much nicer and easier to setup and use for
reading USENET newsgroups, it makes Outlook seem like a throw back of
the old DOS days. Best part its freeware and it works extremely well.

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 08:42:04 -0400, "Madgardener"
wrote:

x-Short and sweet. worried with the tekkies at Bellsouth yesterday when I
x-totally lost EVERYTHING, they accidentally hung up on me and I hadda go to
x-werk. Got home yesterday afternoon and picked up where I had left off. That
x-didn't work. Called Microsoft and got an irritable person who finally got
x-intrigued enough to sorta help me but got bare help since it would cost me
x-$35 to fix and that wasnt a guarantee. Shut the computer off, grumbled but
x-since it was a nice day, Squire was home, and I hadn't remembered to eat all
x-day, we went out and had a pleasant evening together. When we got home in
x-time for a mutually enjoyed television program (ok, Dead like Me.......g)
x-and once that was over, I decided what the hell. I could sleep in since my
x-work schedule was upside down and went back and logged onto Outlook Express
x-and attempted to download the list of newsgroups to subscribe again to
x-rec.gardens (yesterday it shut down and said unable to connect to server
x-every time, I was walked thru so much tweeking and manipulating of internal
x-settings it's a wonder my computer works at all..........) and lo and
x-behold, Houston, we have ignition!! I am back, and not just partially back,
x-I am totally back. The missing posts that dissappeared in front of my face
x-earlier this week are back adn for now, it's really good to see that someone
x-who didn't want to admit error has temporairly fixed the problem.
x-
x-Apparently the newsgroup server at BellSouth was the problem, and Bellsouth
x-was the problem and someone finally got in there and fixed it. Hate I wasted
x-so much time and changed settings that really might mess me up later....but
x-not being as computer savvy i am in that position. It's good to be
x-back..........posts to follow when I get the next days off..........
x-(outside it's crisp and sunny and the hummingbirds are chasing each other
x-thru the tangle of my blue Salvia's and stopping to sup from the super sweet
x-bottle of nectar I made them, the wasps havent discovered it yet)
x-madgardener up on the ridge, back in fairy holler, overlooking English
x-Mountain in Eastern Tennessee zone 7, sunset zone 36 where it feels like
x-fall is coming
x-

--
Visit my website: