Old 06-09-2003, 03:03 PM
Lynn Smythe

Default Need tomato plants *now*

"Seamus Ma' Cleriec" wrote in message
m...
Rasta Poodle wrote in message

I'm in Miami. That should explain my request. :-) We're just getting

ready to
plant our veggie gardens here. Do you know of any place that is still

shipping
tomato plants?

I live in Delray Beach, Florida. I start most of my tomato and vegetable
plants from seeds. But this year I got lazy and bought 2 kinds of tomato
plants and 1 kind of bell pepper from seedlings I got from my local Home
Depot. They have also been carrying tons of herb plants. I just put in 9
tomato plants, 3 pepper plants, dill, basil and garlic chives last week
from plants I purchased at the depot. It's a little too early to be planting
(still too dang hot and humid) but I put them all in locations that get
partial shade. Also, my raised vegetable and herb beds are set up with drip
irrigation systems which I turn on if the plants start to wilt before our
almost daily rain storms we get this time of year.

Take care,

--
Lynn Smythe
e-mail: