Old 06-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Dave Bell

Default Frog in the dog's water bowl

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, C.D. wrote:

A frog has taken up residentence in my dog's water bowl.
Where can I find a small self contained pond or flower pot sized unit?
I'm putting in a big pond this coming spring.
Thanks,C.D.

How cute!! Check out any garden/home center. We have a large pond, but
also several other fountains as water features in the yard. We just picked
up (at Big Lots, formerly MacFrugal's) a small pond/fountain. It consists
of a black PVC basin the size of a dish pan, that you bury flush in the
flowerbed, but could as easily be set on a level surface, with some low
decorative plants around it. On top of the basin is a slotted cover,
supporting either a little "wooden" keg with a kitten on top, or a pair of
frogs. A small pump in the bottom returns water through the keg or the
spitting frogs. It would be simple to cut the cover back, leaving a large
part of the basin open, as a little frog pond. If you trimmed the cut-off
part of the cover a bit, it would fold down, making a false back wall to
the pondlet, to hide the pump and screen out any leaves and debris that
fall in...

Dave