Old 06-09-2003, 06:02 PM
dave weil

Default Rises abd Deer!!

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 16:11:33 GMT, in rec.gardens.roses you wrote:

3 ounces or more hot (30,00 Scoville units at least) dried peppers,
or better yet cayenne pepper powder
24 ounces to a quart of denatured alcohol (70% isopropyl might do
but I haven't tried it yet; vodka will do but is more expensive)
3 or 4 ounces of garlic (garlic powder or that ready-minced stuff
seems to be okay)
up to a dozen raw eggs (at least 4 or 5)

Heck, add some extra virgin olive oil, some dried mustard, anchovy
paste, croutons and some chopped romaine and you'll be serving the
deer a really nice Southwestern Caesar Salad.

Oh wait, you've already got the greens...

PS, instead of doing the alcohol thing, you could probably buy some
Dave's Insanity Sauce (based on habanero peppers), or any other firey
hot habanero/scotch bonnet sauce and just add that to the eggs. After
all, the capsaicin is already extracted and suspended in a liquid and
would probably mix well with the eggs. It's a bit more expensive, but
you don't have to spend the time in extraction.

Just make sure that the sauce *is* hot. That's why I recommended
Dave's, because I know for sure how hot it is. Some other habanero
sauces might not be as concentrated...