Old 06-09-2003, 08:02 PM
Seven

Default Kilmarnock willow

"Rhiannon S" wrote in message
Subject: Kilmarnock willow
From: (Mike Lyle)
Date: 06/09/2003 19:05 GMT Daylight Time
big snip
Note. We've been discussing willows as a menace to houses and drains
recently: maybe somebody can contradict me, but I don't think this
kind of willow is a problem.

Where I grew up, in Kilmarnock funnily enough, most of the council houses

and
flats had a Killie Willie in the garden somewhere, and some of those were

darn
small gardens.

As far as I can tell many of them were really mature plants and never got

over
about 6ft max, and there were no complaints about root damage that I ever

knew
of. So I would think it was pretty safe, but ICBW.

I am really sold on getting one now, seems ideal for where I want it.

)