Old 07-09-2003, 02:12 PM
Ian

Default wintering

I am in Brampton, and we normally are rated at 5a-6a.

Humber Nurseries, my pond store, has us, on a normal Toronto winter, at 6a.
Last year's winter had us way down, 5a and more than likely even lower.

BTW, where did you purchase your air pump, air stone? Last year I used one
of those circular, 100watt de-icers to keep a hole in my pond (small, 750
gallons, 2 feet deep), and it did the job.

I thought for this year, I'd use the de-icer and an air stone as I now also
have 2 koi in the pond.

"Axolotl" wrote in message
. 130...
ESPMER (K30a) wrote in
:

I tie something to the line (a small clay pot last year) and sink the
bubbler about 8 inches down.

OK, I had my bubbler at the bottom of the pond (3ft). the air pump just
wore out, probably too much pressure to work against.
I will try putting a bubbler into the pond now, just to see how it goes.

Bye the Bye, What zone is Mississauga in.

Thanks
AXO