Old 07-09-2003, 02:22 PM
Janet Tweedy

Default tree recommendations wanted

In article
1g0rtsd.1jpv6fyefxn5sN%00senetnospamtodayta@macun limited.net, Jim W
writes

Hiller colour Dictionary for ideas.

Been through most of my RHS and other Plant books but they don't tell
you the 'best' and worst' about the trees and actually having them in
the garden!

How about a small Acacia from Eucalyptus.co.uk

Not very 'normal' though and prickly from what I remember.

A small dogwood (Cornus)

Too small Jim Would have liked something about 20 foot tall I think
(eventually)

I seem to remember one of the Snakebark Maple's makes a VERY attractive
small tree as well.

Got one of those (grew it from seed) but unless slow growing and not
very shady in my soil.

As its south facing you could push one of the more exotic fruits.. How
about a slow growing Poncirus or something!-)

Got two of them in pots, very very slow growing and both still under 2
foot

If if was me I'd certainly be looking at the Agroforestry Research Trust
Catalogue for ideas and maybe Clive Simm's etc for more;-)
//
Jim

Thanks Jim I'll look there.

janet