Old 07-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Seymour

Default Lawn; Thinking of starting from scratch

I live in southern New Jersey. My lawn is just awful, bare spots,
crabgrass, uneven ground, hard ground, black and red ants. I've spent
the last 2 years trying to improve it by fertilizing, seeding, weed
and feed, Scott's lawn soil. It seems the more I try, the worse it
gets. The crab grass halter I put down in the spring didn't do
anything.
I'm thinking of borrowing my father's Rototiller and diggin the whole
thing up and overseeding it. Anybody agree? I would think that this
is a good time to do it.
Please advise.