Old 07-09-2003, 07:03 PM
mhagen

Default Three companies oppose Tongass logging??

snip
You mean factoring in all the true values produced by the ecosystem and all
the real costs not now counted- known as externalities? Karl Davies wrote
something about this issue- I have a copy at
http://forestmeister.com/global-onli...ys/Davies.html

snip

Yep. The externalities always bite somebody in the arse sooner or
later and it's the community that pays the price, just after the
developers finish their project. To quote Robert Heinlein, "There
ain't no such thing as a free lunch!" Otherwise known as "TANSTAAFL!"

We got rain at last. Almost .3 inch. Still fires all over the place
though.